February 4, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers



It's been like 3 weeks since I did Friday Night Leftovers! Of course I continue to follow along and read everyone else's. Luckily Danifred keeps it up and running~

  • I am so over the winter...have I mentioned all the flippin white shit that is surrounding me? You can't safely pull in or out of places. Buildings are collapsing by the dozens. This entire state is beginning to look like the ending of a Will Smith movie....DONE - OVER IT -
  • K's 2nd birthday party is supposed to be tomorrow. Not happening. Why you ask? See bullet #1. MUTHER F*er. I am however still having a couple of our close friends and their kids here on Sunday.
  • I am "attempting" to make a Foofa Cake . I had her cake made last year, but want to try a little harder, make more of an effort for her to remember her cakes and how hard Mommy worked on them. I bought a heart shaped cake pan, and made that plus some cupcakes.....hmmm they smell really good.....must not eat them..anyway, even if it comes out like shit I'll show you my master piece. (There is a carvel in the garage freezer as a back up!)
  • I guess the plus of having the party postponed by a day is that I have one more day to try and clean up this pig sty.
  • So lets talk about my almost 2 year old! She is repeating more and more words the past couple weeks. She loves to get naked and runs around screaming "Nakey Baby! Nakey Baby!". She has been going on the potty more frequently at bath time. Of course, we don't take a bath every night in the winter....and she doesn't go any other time. Nor are we preparing for training.
  • Those job interviews I had a few weeks back. One job was offered to me but I had to turn it down because they could not pay me enough to be back to an equal of where I am now. The other was not a fit. I have however recently applied for 2 more internal roles. I have 6 interviews for one of the roles (yes 6 different people for one measly role!) and am a shoe in for it, as well as the one I just applied for this week.
  • I am still hurting about the fact that we will not have another child. But I have to remind myself that when we met, moved in together, got married even, we were NEVER going to have any children. I was the one that initiated the first time, and he knew how much I wanted it, so agreed. I can't ask him to compromise himself more to have another. We both love K so much. She has brought us so much joy. There is never a moment of regret from either of us. But if I "talked him into" or "convinced" him to have another, there would be regret and resentment. So for now I hurt, but I am sure that in time I will heal.....or get a puppy
  • Mmmm, I can smell that T just made a pot of Cafe Estima and a tube of cinnamon roles!! Sorry no leftovers of those for you!

5 comments:

Mrs. Z said...

My little one runs around naked before bath time too, but I'm the one yelling "Nakey baby! - seriously, that is exactly what I yell!
Oh, and I'm an only child...my parents choice - and we all lived happily ever after!

Rebecca said...

I love Nakey Baby!!! The repeating just gets more intense as they get through their 2nd year! 3rd year? How does that work??? DUH!

What is a Foofa cake...I'm totally interested!

Danifred said...

I love the repeating stage, it's so much fun to make them repeat things they shouldn't be saying.
Sorry you had to postpone the party, that really sucks. Hopefully the next week (or the remaining winter) will be snow free for you and you guys can start to thaw out.

Carrie27 said...

You must show us this cake masterpiece. The less people you have the smaller the mess, right?

kate said...

huge fan of the puppy idea! :)

& i'm dying to know what a foofa cake is.... pictures please! hope the party is a blast!