February 1, 2011

I'd jump off the roof......

.......but I'd just sink into the almost 4 feet of snow that surrounds my house!

Mother nature can kiss my ass~

I know I wanted snow, I wanted to use my snow blower, I wanted to watch K as she discovered and explored the snow. But for real, I am done with this shit. I have not worked a full week of wok in the office since Thanksgiving! And you all know that I am not one to complain about missing my long commute, but I am going crazy being stuck here.

I live in the southern part of New England and we have been SLAMMED with snow this year. Per the main weather center we've had 76.5 inches of snow (since Dec 26-1st snow fall). But in the southern part of the state, where I live, I have measured at least 80 inches. That is almost 7 feet of snow people....in a month.

I spent 4 hours on Sunday and another 5 hours on Monday on my roof, shoveling snow. That would be like a good 40 inches of snow. Waist high snow.

There have been so many news stories in our state of roof's collapsing on buildings and homes because of all the snow. In preparation of the storm I am in the middle of now (another foot to two feet - with sleet and freezing rain mixed in) we needed to get the roof cleared. Just on Sunday there were a dozen people that fell off their roofs. Probably more, but they didn't all call 911. I had 1 slip, and while it was scary, I quickly realized that I wouldn't have been hurt since the snow is literally 4 feet high all around my house.

Today I am in terrible pain. Every muscle in my body hurts and I really injured my left shoulder, but can't get to a doctor until the end of the week because the roads are a sheet of ice.

I am done with winter....I think I may just shoot that damn groundhog tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow...that really sucks. My sister lives outside of Boston, so I've heard a lot of it from her too...it just sucks...no other word does it justice.

Danifred said...

Holy snow! Okay, I love some snow, but I'm not at all jealous of any roof shoveling.