September 23, 2009

My love affair is over....

Have you read this?

What a sad end to an era....I am a clover....have been ever since I quit smoking Marlborough Light Menthol's nearly 15 years ago.

I am not a daily, weekly or even monthly clove smoker.

I am a got a good buzz going on clove smoker.

When I ready this today my heart felt so sad. Never again will I be able to giddily go to the smoke shop in advance of a night of bar hopping to pick up my cloves. I have a pack in my freezer...it is probably 4 months old and has 8 left in it.

Now the dilemma is when do I break them out? Do I instill a new rule? Like for ever 3 beers 1 clove is allowed? Or only when drinking by the fire pit? Or only when playing drinking games?

OMG am I going to be like Elaine with the Sponges?

5 comments:

Chele76 said...

personally I think that ban is ridiculous. It serves absolutely NO point then sending more money to the big tobacco industry and getting more people hooked on nicotine. If the people who enjoy those (god do I miss my clove-smoking days!!!!!) have the choice of smoking cigarettes or none... they are going to go for the cigarettes.

What's next? A ban on flavored alcoholic beverages?

grrrr.

/end rant LOL!!

Caz said...

Makes no sense in my eyes.
Most governments make too much money from tobacco to ban it completely, so why exclude one type of ciagrettes?
They are very rare in australia.. Infact I had too google clove smokes lol..

I think governments do things like this to make it look like they care about the people, if they really cared.. smoking, gambling would be banned.

Anonymous said...

You may be able to get them online. I know that ban is in the works, but I believe for now you can still do it. See me, bad influence friend ;-)

Kate said...

mmmmmm....cloves.....

i have to say it cracks me up to see you're a fan. i thought i was going to be alone in my (secret) love of cloves. for me, this is just further proof that you rock.

as for when to smoke, i think it should be as the mood strikes... after all, what's the point of having them if you can't enjoy?

ME said...

Wait. A night of bar hopping? How.do.you.have.time??

Sigh. One day I'll get my social life back!!