June 27, 2009

Tornado in CT??

Holy toledo batman! We had tornado's here yesterday. Our weather has been.....off. Here we are almost July 1 and we have had 2 days over 90 degrees...and they were in April! It has been cool/cold, rainy, grey, dismal here...

Yesterday we had a wicked storm, three storms actually. They crossed our state West to East building momentum on there way. As I left work around 5:00 the trees were bent over, the sky was an eerie green/grey color...it was not raining yet. I raced to get ahead of the storm as it was heading towards my house and I wanted to get home first (note I live 46 miles from work!).

I beat it home (phew!) but there were a couple of close calls were I was not so sure I would..you know where the black clouds are right above you...but I prevailed!

The storm we got at home was NOTHING in comparison to the storms around the state. T and I were watching the news around 6:30 when we saw this ! This is where T works part time...where he had just left approx 40 mins before the storm hit! Where he will likely spend the weekend cleaning....

I am so thankful he was not at work when it happened. I would have been a wreck...

6 comments:

Caz said...

Wowza.
I am really glad your okay!
We don't have storms over here like that at all.

Melis.sa said...

Thank God you guys missed that!!!

Chele76 said...

it was NASTY. As of yesterday good portions of Farmington are STILL out of power. Very eerie.

I also hail ACCUMULATION in parts of Farmington.

Anonymous said...

Wow you are lucky to have missed it! Our power at work went off at 4:30 and at 5:30 they said we could leave. It was rain, wind, hail, the works!!

Morgan Owens said...

Dang girl that's some crazyness!! Glad you guys were home safe!

nancy said...

WOW!!!! That's crazy. Good thing you were super fast and got out!!!