October 22, 2010

Friday night leftovers...full moon edition



Let's see....

  • I returned the gym this week, after a nearly 6 week hiatus. I hadn't been back since fracturing my foot. It is finally feeling better so I got back on the horse.
  • I must say, exercising does make me feel better after I do it. And I mentally feel better since I know the benefits. But when I get home and eat a bag of Doritos it makes me ponder the value in it all....
  • I applied for a new job this week. Something internal to my company, yet in a new organization and back in our home office (and 25 minute commute!). I just applied Tuesday and well, no HR call back yet. I am probably over qualified for the position which in today's market can be just as bad as under qualified....sometimes worse. It would be great to get something new, but as each day passes I feel that my chances of being let go when we do our next round of sourcing are lowering (not quite sure if that is good or bad though)
  • Little K has recently discovered the art of dipping her food into other food substance. She **really** enjoys this and pretty much won't eat a meal any longer unless she has a cup of some sort of dip substance. So far her favorites are ketchup and yogurt. Not at the same time (although that has occurred).
  • I am taking her to a costume party tomorrow. There are supposed to be 34 other kids there (I am wearing earplugs as my costume), pumpkin decorating, trick or treating, food and fun. It is one of the meet up groups I joined. I have not done any activity with them yet. This'll be my first.
  • Speaking of meetups I have now had 2 meetups with my group. The first was a flop. Not because of me, but because of the place. It was lame. Tonight we had one at a "Not So Scary" Hay ride. It was cute. At a local Horse farm, very much oriented for ages 2-6.
  • I have officially begun my xmas shopping. Normally I am done by Turkey day, but I have had a late start. I also already got invites to participate in 3 cookie swaps. I will be declining all but 1. Last year I think I made 875,983 dozen cookies. (I make really good oatmeal, craisen, chocolate chip cookies)
  • The other night in bed I was watching Criminal minds repeats on ION or FX or one of those channels that always has on CSI, Law and Order, or Criminal minds, and the episode on was the season 1 finale, then at 11pm the season 2 premiere came on. I really wanted to watch it, so I forced myself to stay awake so I could see what happened. I made it.....48minutes into the episode. I missed the final 12 minutes. The 12 minutes that I waited for through 2 hours. I can not find the flippin episode online to watch! WTF!

Diarrhea of the mind is brought to you by Danifred~

3 comments:

Jules said...

I'm a procrastinator when it comes to x-mas shopping the past few years. Not saying I like it that way, just works out always.

I forget which season finale that is - the fisher king one?

kate said...

oh my gosh, just the htought of your chocolate chip cookies makes me drool.... best ever! seriously.
:) i know i'm not having a baby again this year, but if you have any leftovers... (hint, hint, hint!)

& we did pumpkin painting yesterday with the boys & they LOVED it! i bet K has a blast with her "maps"! :) have fun!

Danifred said...

Tis the season to be insanely busy. I always swear I'm going to get my Christmas shopping done early and then, it never happens. I'm never a last minute shopper, but it never happens as early as I'd like.
Can't wait to hear how the giant costume party went!