What a week from Hell this has been....Ugh. I was so glad to wake up today and know it was Friday.
- Work has sucked, major balls, all week. I have been on 12-14 hour conference calls daily for an issue we were having with one of our computer systems.
- We still haven't figured out how to fix it, since we really don't know what the issue is being caused by.
- T has had a dead battery in his truck twice this week. The first time was at home so he was able to charge it with our battery charger, the second time was tonight. Luckily I paid our AAA dues this year.
- I hadn't been grocery shopping in almost 4 weeks (I did a pea pod about 2 weeks ago, but not a huge one). I spent a good hour today walking around with cabinets opened, writing a thorough list. Loaded my car up with the empty cans and bottles and drove the 15 miles into town, only to discover I forgot my list.
- Rather than make it a wasteful trip I made a stop at Starbucks and got a cup of Joe.
- While there I ran into my therapist from when I was a teenager. He also treated T a few years later, and then we went to him as a couple a few years after that. It was pretty awesome running into him. I am proud of the person I turned out to be. I am proud that after 17 years T and I are still together. I am proud that I am a damn good mother to my child and will be to my yet to be born child. I guess there are some people I enjoy "gloating" a bit to when I see them. Although I owe an awful lot of who I am to that man. He helped me choose the harder route in life, which in the end was certainly the better option.
- I drove all the way back home to get my grocery list, meanwhile K fell asleep in the car.
- I drove in the opposite direction 11 miles, dropped a pair of pants off to the seamstress, got gas in my car, and pulled into another store and K was still asleep.
- I managed to load up a cart with empties, grab my bags, and then attempt to wake my child....
- K slept through me lifting her out of the car seat, putting her in the cart, returning all the cans and bottles, a full 2 hours of grocery shopping, and finally woke up when I was in line paying. UNBELIEVABLE!
- After grocery shopping, we stopped and got a pizza :)
Thank you Friday! Thanks you Danifred for inviting me for leftovers...I brought Pizza~

2 comments:
Interestingly, we did a huge stock up shopping this week too...it was ridiculous.
If I ran into my therapist from my 20s, I'm pretty sure he'd be surprised to see me still alive, much less thriving! It's crazy how things change, huh?
I did the on-line shopping thing for the first time this week. I'm still on the fence about it. But, there is nothing worse than forgetting your list!
Post a Comment