October 28, 2011

Friday Night Leftover's! The it's about damn time edition!


For the first time in several weeks I am doing FNLO's!!!  I am glad that Danifred doesn't block us when we fall off the planet :)
  • Sorry for my lack of blogging.  I simply have lost my mojo lately.  I would normally do most of my blogging from work during my lunch break, but recently Big Brother blocked blogger so my blogging days from there are over.
  • Our kitty, Face, has been sick for several weeks, month really, but we only discovered it weeks ago.  He has gone into the vet every two weeks for the past 8 to receive antibiotic injections.  He has some sort of a bacterial infection in his mouth that caused one side of his gums to swell and he was unable to eat.  After 8 weeks of antibiotics we still can't eliminate the infection.  So now they have taken a sample of the gums and some blood work and are sending them out for culture.  My poor boy.  He is old too, almost 17 which doesn't help his cause much.
  • K is completely obsessed with the Wiggles.  I HATE the Wiggles.  I am thinking about telling her that the USA bombed Wiggle Bay and now the Wiggles are dead.
  • MIL is moving into her new house today.  While I am psyched she will now be in a condo, that is single living level, I am expecting having to set lots of new ground rules about pop ins cause she will now be 2 miles away.
  • My Mom has been here for a few weeks now and is leaving next weekend. K is getting over having Grandma around and is now being defiant.  My Mom said the other day "Do you want Grandma to go home?"  and she promptly answered "Yes, bye bye".  Nice
  • I announced my pregnancy to FB late Sunday night and to a select few co-workers and staff on Monday morning.  The world knows now. 
  • I have a doppler at home and have been hit or miss in finding the HB on my own. 
  • Had my 12 wk appt this week.  The Dr found the HB after some prodding.  We also had an US.  At first the baby just lay there totally still. So I poked my stomach and laughed and voila s/he began flipping and spinning and turning around and then we couldn't get it to settle down for a good picture.
  • I ordered K a new Big girl bedroom set.  Bunk beds with a desk, book shelves and dresser drawers all built in.   They will be delivered next Fri.  We need to begin the process of converting her room into a big girl room. Next will be re-arranging our room to fit both of our dressers (currently T's is in the guest room). And then finally we will convert the guest room into a room for a new baby.
  • A girl I know from my childhood town had twin boys yesterday.  She carried them all the way to term.  She is amazing!  One was 8lbs and the other was 5lbs.  They look hilarious next to each other.
  • Winter is upon us.  It is 31 degrees out right now and we had some flurries last night.  Parts of CT of expecting 4-8 inches tonight.  The only good thing about snow for me is getting to stay home to work.  Otherwise I hate it. 
  • I will close out my FNLO's with a few pics of the LO in my belly.  They are not great pics, so I am sorry in advance, but I tried to point out what you are supposed to be looking at. 

5 fingers on the right hand waving HI!!!

You can kind of make out the left foot and right fingers. 

You can see both feet (making a V) and s/he is laying on it's left arm

4 comments:

kate said...

awesome pics! grow baby grow! i'm kinda wondering if it might be a dude... i've been thinking girl, but hmmm..... the blurry shots just say boy to me, lol! :)
hope you guys have a fun halloween weekend planned! (what is K going as, btw?) hopefully pics will be forthcoming!

Carrie27 said...

Whenever my mom comes to visit, the kids need at least a week to get back to themselves.

So glad the baby is doing great, when is the next appointment?

Rebecca said...

Poor kitty :(

Good way to handle the Wiggles...wartime thoughts are always appropriate.

Baby = too cute.

Danifred said...

Love the pics and the 12 month visit! Woooo hoooo!

I hate the Wiggles. But, I think I hate Max & Ruby more.