September 16, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers....the end of vacation edition


Thank you and a HUGE Congratulations to Danifred, our host.  She had her big 20 week Ultrasound yesterday for baby #3 and not only does she have herself a growing and healthy baby in there, but he is a BOY!!  Her girls are going to be such great Big Sisters!

Now onto the leftovers....
  • I have been sick, sick, sick all week.  It is Murphy flippin law for me.  Give me a week of vacation, with GORGEOUS weather and I am guaranteed to get sick.  It started with a stuffy nose and sneezing.  Moved onto sore throat, then coughing, then rattly chest.  I finally went to the Dr today after my failed attempts to "beat it" on my own.   
  • K loved her visit with my Mom.  She was able to come up for a long weekend and see K for the first time since May.  3 months doesn't seem like a long time, but at 2.5 yrs old it is.  She changed so much in that time.
  • I started Potty training on Monday.  Well not me, K started :)  And it has been going really really well!  She has not had an accident since Monday.  We have made multiple trips outside the home, some in pullups and other, shorter trips, in panties, with ZERO accidents!
  • I love love love that kids naked hiney.  OHMYGODIWANTTOEATITUP!!!!!
  • K is now sick btw.  Runny nose and hacking up a lung.  But she could care less.  She is the energizer bunny that kid.
  • My vacation is over.  That sucks.  It makes me sad. It makes me mad.
  • Summer is officially gone.  It was 82 yesterday and 61 today.  WTF?  I am glad I managed one last beach day this week.
  • T is hopefully finishing staining our deck this weekend.  It was a 6 month job. Seriously.
  • Next big chore is going to be redoing the hardwood floors in the guest room, our bedroom and the upstairs hall.  We did K's room before she was born.  After that all of our floors will be done!  Woot Hoot!
  • As the weather is getting colder, I am remembering how cold K's room gets (she is above the garage).  We really need to replace her rug before winter.  She had a nice area rug but spilled milk on it and I could not get the rotten milk smell out of it so I chucked it.
  • The cold weather has also prompted me to start rotating my closet, pulling the long sleeves and heavier pants to the front.  I started going through K's dresser too.  She desperately needs some long sleeves and winter jammies.
  • My Mom returned home on Wed night and when she went into work Thursday she lost her job.  Just another casualty of the failing economy.  She knew it was coming for a few weeks, but it still stings when it happens.
  • Our cat, who is nearing 17 years old, has been noticeably losing weight and not eating much in the past few months.  He has been slowing down a bit too.  But he is an old man, so we really did not think much of it.  Until yesterday.  I gave him a couple of pieces of K's nuggets left over from her lunch and he squealed and jumped in pain when trying to eat them.  The day before he lashed out and bit K when she was walking past him too.  I called the vet right away and they took him right in.  He has a severe bacterial infection on his gums.  Had a shot of antibiotics and was asked to come back in 2 weeks.  He has lost 4lbs in under 6 months.  I feel like a terrible fur mommy for not addressing this sooner.  He is being pampered beyond belief now...flaked up tuna fish in warm water for EVERY meal.  Whole milk on demand.  Vanilla ice cream to his hearts content....
  • I hate the cold.
  • But I like drinking Hot tea.
  • I don't want to go back to work Monday.....please don't make me.

3 comments:

kate said...

ah, hot tea wather! one of my fav parts of fall :) that & apple picking. & halloween. & cool (but not cold) weather.
i'm sorry kitty isn't feeling his best, but hpoefully he'll b eon the mend soon.

Danifred said...

Sorry to hear that you were sick all week. That just stinks. Also sorry about your kitty. It's so hard dealing with our geriatric fur babies.
I love, love, love, love hot tea. WITH HONEY!

Carrie27 said...

The drastic changes in the weather are what I think has caused my K to get sick. 90's, 60's, 80's 50's. Pick a temp and stay there.