Thanks to Danifred for serving up the left overs yet again. It's been a few weeks since I have been able to participate. So glad to be back!! It's been a while since I've given any updates on K, so with that.....
- I will be yet again attempting potty training this week while on vacation. I expect this to results in much aggravation, loads and loads of laundry and REALLY clean floors and rugs.
- Presently she flat our refuses to use the potty.
- On the rare occurance I get her to sit on it, she holds it in.
- Knowing when she needs to go isn't the issue, she is aware of the signs, and tells me "Mommy I need to Poop" then promptly stands in the corner of the dining room to go. Same thing to pee, she says "Mommy I no need to pee" then does a little squat.
- Initially we were offering M&M's every time she went. After a while that didn't work. So this week I thought of a brilliant idea....the IPAD! She is an addict to the IPAD and my Iphone so I took away the priviledge until she goes on the potty.....still waiting. When she sees one of us using them she wants in, but we remind her of the rules and she says "no I no wanna IPAD, I pway wit my toys" and off she goes.
- She fell out of bed on Tuesday night. It was nearly midnight and we heard a huge thump and then hysterical crying. Poor kid got an egg on her forehead and a bloody nose.
- What are the rule for a bloody nose? tilt back? pinch end? pinch top?
- K loves to sing in the car. Her favorite song is Muffin Man and London Bridge. T hates driving with us, because the kid music I have is little kids singing. She loves it, he HATES it!
- I think we are beginning to lose our nap :( On the days she has one, it last close to 3 hours. But we are facing more and more days of no nap. This makes Mommy and Daddy sad.
- I started Xmas shopping for her already. We are getting her a doll house for her room (she has a little one she plays with all the time) and I got her a new Doctor kit as well as a couple of Calliou characters.
- Hoping to take the changing table out of her room sooner than later to open up a big space to allow for some remodeling and making it a girls room instead of a baby's room.
- K is speaking so awesome these days. I am amazed at what she picks up on. I love to listen to her at nap time or bed time when she is in her room. She lays in bed for a while and sings herself Rocka Bye Baby and Hush baby. She talks to her "guys" in bed and tells them it's bedtime cause it's nighttime and the stars and moon are out. Love it.
- Her hair is growing like weeds. I swear I trim her bangs at least every 2 weeks. Not thinking I will cut the back short again this winter, but we'll see how unmanagable it gets.
- We have gone to several fairs this season and K LOVES rides! The scarier the better for this child.
- She is in a very cuddly, kissy, snuggly faze. She actually just jumped up on the couch and kissed me and said "Mommy you are my best friend, I love you" melt my heart.
(I did wright this Friday however neglected to publish!)

7 comments:
Aw, she sounds so sweet! Elizabeth dropped her naps when she was 2 or 2 1/2? she would still take them but then she'd be wide awake until 10 or 11 pm and I wasn't having that. :) I have no idea about bloody noses! Poor kid! what a way to wake up
We have 4 kids and they all were potty trained at different times. I am a firm believer that they will do it when they want to and not a second before that. Our oldest had no interest. Didn't want any part of it no matter what I did, said or tried to bribe her with. The youngest woke up on day around and that was it. She wouldn't even consider putting a diaper on again, even at bedtime. I also did home daycare for close to 10 years and went through the process with lots of kids. I was changing one boys diaper and he had pooped and I said "oh gross!" and he looked up at me and said "what?" I said "I don't like changing poopy diapers man, this is gross, you should do this on the potty!" Little shit never pooped his diaper again. He would tell all the other kids, "Miss Heather doesn't like poopy diapers, you should just do that in the potty" haha.
good luck with the potty training! i'm not yet stressing it with the dudes, bc quite honestly i just can't face the prospect of chasing 2 naked wangers aroung the house cleaning up pee. so i'm waiting until they're really, really ready. go figure that emma at 15 mos is now telling me when she's poo'ed & the boys could still care less at 2 1/2. sigh.
& i think for bloody noses you pinch & tip forward, not back, to keep the blood from running down their throat.
Bean will completely participate with potty training one day and totally refuse the next. There is no rhyme or reason. And then, she'll poop and and not pee. Weird, weird children.
Good luck with PT'ing. Both of mine had different PT'ing personalities and once we caught on to what clicked and worked, it wasn't too bad....it's just figuring out what works for them, ya know! I hope you can figure it out fast!
Love the cuddly kissy phase! So so sweet! Poor thing about falling out from bed...wow, that's quite a fall, poor girl! So did she do okay getting back in after that?
The potty training is hard, but you may be surprised. I thought it would be the hardest thing EVER with the Crazies and I was pleasantly surprised. I love the idea of the iPad though...I think it'll work. I also made them earn their undies though...they couldn't wear them until they peed on the potty once.
I hate the falling out of bed story...mine are still in full cribs. I'm a baby. I have no idea about the nose bleed thing. Hailey got one the other day from a random baseball to the face and we just held a tissue under it while it bled.
Pinch the top of the nose to stop the bleeding. Hubby used to get them all the time for no rhyme or reason.
Whatever way you can bribe her to potty train, do it.
Post a Comment