May 9, 2011

All about me Monday~

I missed FNLO this week, and cute baby Saturday, and Sunday Senses.....so here you have the ALL ABOUT ME MONDAY!


  • I have found myself listening to old school Nirvana on my way into work lately. One thing that hit me this morning was Nirvana = wanting to slice my wrists. No more Nirvana at 7am for me....

  • My gym membership expires in June (which really it expired in march but I conned an additional 3 months out of them!) and at that exact time my company is offering our on site fitness facility for FREE! It was around $40 a month. So now i will need to determine if exercising at 5:30 pm before my drive home is a better option for me than 5:30am before work. One other downside is no weekend access. I just hate to spend the $$ on a gym when I can get it for free....

  • I have a physical in 1 month....FML

  • As a gift to myself for being a KICK ASS MOM I am going to a half day SPA visit on Saturday. 90 minute massage, 60 minute facial and 60 minute pedicure. *Queue Jealousy*

  • This is my first "official" week working 2 days from home! Tuesday and Friday are now my designated days.

  • I am terribly tired of hearing about Osa.ma Bi.n L.ad.en. For real people. DONE

  • I spent 5 hours planting flowers in my flower beds Sunday. I really hope they grow. I have NEVER grown ANYTHING outdoors.

  • I haven't touched my IPAD in over a week. It seems to have become T and K's Ipad. Money well spent.

  • My Mom will be here on the 19th and my Sister has invited us to go see a live taping of The View on the 23rd! While I am not really a fan of the show, I think it is super cool to get to go to the taping. I am looking into Hotel rooms in time square for the Sunday night before hand. Psyched to go to NYC again so soon!

  • Speaking of trips, I have 51 more days until our Cape Cod vacation! I am so excited. Last night I booked us a hotel room for the Friday night before our house rental begins. If you have ever driven to the Cape on a weekend, In Season, especially on 4th of July weekend, then you understand the traffic jam that is Rt6. Instead I decided (yes, I decided) that we will leave home Friday night (it is a 4.5 hour drive) when K is ready for bed, and head up to the Cape to a Hotel room. We can check out as late as 11am, get lunch, hit the beach, have an Ice Cream and check into our House at 4. PERFECT plan to me.

  • On a sadder note, we are officially not going to have another child. It has been decided and I AM moving on. I know K can be happy as an only child. I know we can provide her with so much more as an only child. We are having a big Tag Sale Memorial day weekend and I will be selling off as much baby stuff and clothes as I can. (Don't worry Kate - I am keeping some good clothes for Em!!) I am done being sad about it. I am fortunate to have the one perfect child that I do have.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Last bullet...tough decision, but I hope you're at peace.

I'm going to Newport this weekend and I can't freaking wait!!!!

Good luck with your flowers...I'm always so amazed that it works!

So jealous of your spa treatments...what do they do for 60 minutes during a pedicure??? I'd be getting antsy!

kate said...

lol, thanks karianne!! emmie appreciates it! (& so do i!)

& um, SO JEALOUS of your spa day! i'd kill for a 60 minute pedicure right about now.

& (hugs) to you on your decision. it sounds like it is the right one for your family & kira will be a perfectly healthy & happy only child. a good IRL life also chose to have only one kid, to keep every experience she has with him that much more special & precious, & i believe that is exactly what will happen for yu with princess K! i'm glad you've found peace with your decision.