Well about 3 days ago T called me at work to tell me that there were baby kittens in our yard. 2 of them, a grey one and a tiger striped one. They were playing next to the shed as there mama cat watched over them.
So each night I tried to get a look at them but nothing...until Saturday when I got up. There they were, cute as ever, all 3 of them with their Baby Mama!
There is a Grey one, a Tiger one and a Calico one. Funny how they all look so different. They are clearly several weeks old and ready to be on their own, but they have decided that living under my shed is what they want to do......(the tiger one is hiding in the grass to the right and the calico has a chipmunk!)
The difficult part of this is the fact that I have a cat, he is Big, he is Old, (he is fixed so he aint no baby dady!) and he is a big Pussy (cat).
He acts all tough, like he is the king of the world, but he's not. He will totally get his ass kicked if he tries to screw with the baby mama (or hell the kittens could probably kick his ass too!)
My sister said she would take one if it were a male, but I can't get near them. I have tried, but they are clearly wild cats becasue they run and hide at the first sight of a human. Any suggestions how I get them out from under there? And out of my yard? I hate to ply them out with food cause then I wind up owning them!
Anyone looking for a new kitten? Chele...weren't you in the market?

3 comments:
I made friends with a stray once,I did use food, but that didn't get me close. You might try letting them see you in the yard and letting them sense your not going to hurt them and little by little they'll get used to you and you can start to get closer. Talk to them, some people think I am crazy but I think they can understand or at least sense what were saying. It's all about the baby steps....
oooh... so tempting... but I've (very recently) decided that I need some more time. I hope the befriending goes well!
oh my goodness!
I have no idea, but they are freaking cute!
I would call a no kill shelter. They'll come out and get them.
Post a Comment