May 24, 2008

Settling in.....

We have lived in our home for 8 months today. I swore that I would have no boxes left unpacked after 2 months...I do have some, but only a couple.

We have really focused on the main living level of the house as far as updates and renovations go. Before we moved in we painted the rooms that were colors that would make me vomit (Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and Dining room) and left the rest for later.

As the winter came to an end and the warmer air began to move in, we began talking about painting again. The only rooms remaining were the Sun room (where we spend 99.9% of our time), the living room (aka the bar) and the office. Since the sun room and living room are on the main living level we decided to focus on them.

I am happy to say we have completed that level! Other than needed a few more wall hangings and some new fixtures (we want to change out the old brass hinges and door knobs to brushed silver) we are all done! Our new living room furniture (minus the love seat becasue it was special ordered and the new dining room server were delivered yesterday.....just in time for my BIG ASS BBQ!!

I decided to plan a BBQ for Memorial day this year. Normally my MIL has her family down this weekend and we all head over there, well I decided to mix things up a bit (good thing too-her cat was sprayed by a skunk and her house STINKS right now!) and have a party. I figured maybe 30 -40 people tops would come, nope, I literally have like 84 people that have RSVP'ed that they will be here. HOLY CRAP! So I spent yesterday pretty much cleaning up the cat hair, dust bunnies, and other stuff you don't want your guests to see :) in preperation for today!

Now time to get off of here and go buy Ice!

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: