May 31, 2008

Cosmos, designer labels, and friends till the end.....



I went to see the Sex and the City movie last night. I'll get to my review of it in a moment.......

I am a HUGE fan of the show, didn't watch it when it first came out (mainly because I was too poor for cable) but I guess I began watching it in season 4 and then made my way back to watch all of Seasons 1-3. I am a proud owner of the entire series on DVD!

When I need a good cry I can throw in the episode where Carrie breaks Aidan's heart, or the one where Steve and Miranda get married, or the one where Smyth shaves his head for Samantha as she undergoes Chemo and begins losing her hair.....

When I need a good laugh, I can put in the episode where Sam decides to dye her pubes (pee your pants funny!), or the one when Carrie is in the Hampton's and her friend's husband walks around in the buff, or pretty much any episode, cause they all have great laughs to them.

I have been looking forward to this movie for 4 years! 4 years! That's a long ass time.

My friend Melissa went and got us tickets on Tuesday for the Friday night 6:30 showing. Good thing too, the theatre was nearly sold out! Who knew women were so desperate for sex? When we got out of the movie the lines waiting to get in where out the door!

**Note- the following review gives NOTHING away from the movie-I will not comment on whether or not Carrie and Big get married, I will not comment on Charlotte or Miranda's relationships/families, and I will not comment on Sam's sex life- you will need to see the movie**

So the movie, in my opinion, was fantastic! It really stayed true to being about the friendship of those women. It was not about the men in their lives, their jobs, or anything else, just about their friendship.

There where scenes where I could not hold back the tears no matter how hard I tried. They were not all sad scenes, some where sweet, some where full of love, and some where sad, but they where touching. There where scenes that also made me laugh so hard that I was doubled over and thought I would pee myself if I laughed any more!

Any woman that is lucky enough to have even 1 friend like these girls, is a lucky woman.

If you loved the show, you will love the movie! Get out and see it! I can't wait to buy the DVD!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh so glad to hear that! I am a big fan too!!

Chele and I trying to figure out a date to see it.

Angie said...

A true SITC fan would cry at all the right times, good, bad and the ugly moments!