May 22, 2013

Happy 1st birthday Boy!

He's a big boy now!  A whole year old. We had a great party with a couple if close friends and their kids, as well as a few relatives. 

This boy loves all things with wheels. If it moves he chases it. Hooting and hollering the entire time. He is also extremely destructive.  If he can reach it, he will wreck it.  Because of this I had a construction themed party.

The weather didn't cooperate so we all crammed into my house for the afternoon, but it all worked out fine.

The kids painted bird feeders, ate pizza, munched on cake and then I let each kid guest open the present they brought for S. 

It was short and sweet. And my boy, getting his first real dose of sugar, was up way past his bedtime!






4 comments:

JEN said...

Omygosh - the best cake ever! Did you make it? Happy Brithday little guy!

The Captain's Wife said...

Thanks Jen, I did make it!

JP said...

The cake is SUPER cute. That looks like a fun, laid-back party. Happy birthday to your boy!

Danifred said...

I just love the theme! Great job :)