May 30, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers

It's been a while since I've done one of these...

-Recently the topic of McDonalds has come up a few times. Not just McD's but fast food in general. I have shocked every single person with the fact that K, now at the age of 4yrs 4mos, has never eaten "fast food". I personally haven't eaten it in  probably a good 16 years, maybe longer. I have no intentions of her eating it anytime soon either.

-K has only 2 more days of school!! Then she is off for summer. I can't even begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to NOT making lunches.

-She will be starting a new Pre K in the fall, and increasing to 3 days a week.

-We are in the beginning of our first North East "heat wave". S is proving to be a sweaty little guy! Both of my kids sweat like their dad! In general I am not a sweaty person.

-On Monday I am attending a United Way event, Power of the Purse. It is a huge networking event with silent auction and lunch. I am going as a guest of one of the vendors I work with. Each seat was $100 so it's pretty nice that I don't have to pay my own way.

-I am taking the kids to the Zoo this Weekend. We are meeting some of T's cousins and their babies (what are they then? Second cousins?)

-This week is also my home towns Carnival on the Green. Tonight (Friday) we'll bring the kids. K has been asking about it since she saw the set up starting on Sunday.

-I hate candy crush. Seriously. Hate it

-Kid's school Pics came in today. They are really disappointing. Most are either blurry and/or off center. Too bad too cause the kids look super cute in them all.

-These kids perplex me. On any morning where we have no where to be and no reason to be up and out, they both wake up with the birds. But on days that I go into work and have to drop K at Pre School they are impossible to wake up. When either or both sleep at MIL they sleep until 7:30-8! One morning last week both slept until 9 when T had to wake them up! Why can't they do that on a morning that I can sleep.

-S is a biter. It's like we have a dog in the house. He crawls around biting our ankles, calves and knees.

-The free splash pad at the park and rec apparently has a broken part and won't be open until 6/25! That also coincides with the first day of summer camp. It really sucks for those of us that like to get out visits in before the campers are there.

That's all for now. Swing by an check out Danifred's updates to know who else is playing this week. (Did this from my phone so apologies for misspellings!)

1 comment:

JP said...

I despise Candy Crush! I deleted it from my phone. HULK SMASH!

Kids totally have whack sleeping timers. Tot does the same thing!