It's been a while, so I will just give you some bulleted updates~
Baby K is 9 months old now! We went in for her 9 mo well baby and she weighs 20lb 11oz, is 29 3/4 inches long and her head circumference is 44cm. She is crawling very well now. Almost running on her knees. She really has no interest in pulling up to standing, but does like to stand with you holding her. She can say 3 words, Dada, Cat and Duck. She laughs when we say no. She loves to eat cords (you know like the plug to my laptop) and loves to pull the leaves off Mommy's plants. I am at the end of week 3 on my meds. Overall feel ok, but am getting headaches frequently, I can't help but think it is a side effect. I was offered a job. Which really takes a lot of the stresses off of me that were making me so damn depressed. I'll be going back to work for one of my old bosses and PM'ing (project management) some large work items for a while. NO STAFF reporting to me for a while Woot Woot. Don't get me wrong, I like being a manager...but could use a break.I have not spoken to the Dr about my girly pains. I have been monitoring it and I am pretty certain all my pain is related to ovulation. Maybe I have a cyst? The thing is it always hurts on the left side...every month. So regardless of whether I am ovulating on the left or the right, the pain resides on the left. And it is only painful for 2-3 days. Does that sound like a cyst? Is is common to develop cysts after you've had a child?It is the end of fall here in the North East, and with that comes Leaf raking...I spent 3 full days over the past week raking leaves, loading them onto a tarp, dragging them into the woods, repeat - and only got my back yard done. I have not even started on the front....Having OCD and raking leaves is not a good combo. No matter how much I rake there are still leaves scattered here and there...it drives me mad!My Mom is coming up to visit this week. She'll be here for a week and a half. Good thing, my house really needs to get cleaned! She is going to flip about how much Baby K has changed in the past 3 months.I have a lot of time off between now and the end of the year. Lots of Monday's and Friday's off, plus the Holiday's and I am off the whole week between Xmas and New Years. Looking forward to some down time.My Xmas shopping is just about done. Most of my priority people are done...I need to start thinking about what I can buy for my staff....any suggestions? I have 11 people I would need to buy for...I guess that is enough bore for now, if you made it this far, thanks~ I'll leave you with a couple of pics from last weekend.
Look at her double chin! She does not normally have one. Must be the way her head was turned.....
She played outside for a couple of hours while I raked. Some of the time was in her exersaucer, some in the walker, and some crawling around in the leaves.
.JPG)
A preview of my super cool teenage daughter.....I hate how big she looks in this picture....makes me long for her to be that fragile new born again
5 comments:
She's so cute, and they grow up so fast! Time flies when you're having fun I guess.
Gift ideas...my boss always gets me a little 'winter' bear (TY beanie baby type thing), bath and body works lotion, a small travel purell (she really doesn't want me sick, can you tell?) and a neat nail file/kids toy top/cute button etc...she sticks it all in a little bag...
And OCD and leaves...no, not a good mix. Might be part of why I refuse to rake. It's natures mulch, LOl!
I don't know if it's one sided or not, but have you ever heard of meddleschmirtz(sp)? I used to get severe, knock me over, can't move for a few minutes after a pang, pains. Doc thought that might be it...just a thought...
she has sneakers!!! ack, thats so darn cute!!!
as for employee gifts, i used to do lotion/nice soaps... fancy stuff. altho that doesnt really work for dudes... food is always good too...
have you asked your doc about the headaches? maybe she can switch meds?
N is raking as i type... i guess thats one pro to being KU again :P
have fun with your mom! :)
Glad things are calming down for you...and baby K DOES look so grown up in that last pic! Can't believe she is nine months already! What a cutie!
I cannot begin to express the limits of thier "getting big"ness. They get bigger, and bigger and then the begin to stop getting bigger and they begin to GROW.
It's not funny. It is both facinating and horrific and profoundly sad and amazingly gratifying.
You will know. You will remember that you read this and wonder what it would feel like. You will remember that a part of you didn't think it would happen. You will think about how funny that thought was when you finally actually have it.
I'm sorry. And CONGRATULATIONS!!! Because she is getting big and beautiful and strong.
I'm not sure she could be any cuter! Wow - where does time go??
Post a Comment