April 21, 2008

Smell the sweetness in the air....

The Spring is truly in the air!! Oh what GREAT weather we had this weekend. It was in the 80's both Saturday and Sunday.

On Saturday, I got up by 7am, which if you know me, is like 4 or 5 hours before I normally get up on Saturdays. I spent my Saturday morning cleaning and doing laundry. By noon I was done with all of my "inside" weekend chores and ready to begin working on the "outside"!

When my grandmother passed away my co-workers collected money and presented it to me so that I could purchase a tree or a bush that could be planted in my yard to remember her by. Her favorite tree was Dogwood, so I went and bought one, and also bought some pretty flowers to plant in the yard.

Came home and planted some flowers, marinated chicken for a BBQ with friends, and relaxed and drank a few beers, while enjoying our first ever dinner with friends on our deck.

Sunday we slept late (11ish) then got up and ate a butter braid...yum yum! We spent to majority of our day in the yard doing yard work (and getting a bit pink on the arms), planting the tree, raking the pine cones, laying new mulch, burning the brush.

Ahh the joys of owning my own home~~I love it!

No comments: