January 3, 2008

Ahhhh a New Year....

Happy New Year to those one or two of you that may be reading this blog....

All through the Holidays I meant (with very good intentions) to make some updates on here, but just never got around to it.

I am not one to make resolutions, because I will break them faster than I make them! But I would like to reflect back on 2007. It was a year of many mountains and valleys. I never have regrets about things that occur in my life, everything that I experience makes me stronger along the way. Just because I don't "regret" things does not mean I was not very happy to say goodbye to that year.

To stay focused on the positives of the year....

  • I started the year off with a Bang and went to Vegas with a girlfriend to celebrate our 30th birthdays! While there I learned how to play Roulette, got my picture taken with Elvis, and drank and danced like I was turning 21 again!

  • We traveled to the Bahamas for a week. Went on some crazy excursions while there...think 10 seat plane, tickets with no names, boat with no life jackets, broken motor and surrounded by sharks kind of excursions!

  • My sister and her Husband purchased their first home. Ironically it is the childhood home of my childhood best friend.

  • My marriage became stronger than ever. T and I focused on our communication with each other, saying things to each other that had been lurking in our minds for nearly 13 years. As tragic of a time it was, in the end, it was the best thing we could have done.

  • T got a new truck..I am so jealous! I want a Hybrid terribly and my car is only 4 years old so I have a hard time justifying buying myself a new car!

  • We put out 10 lobster pots.....and ate lobster many a night....

  • We bought our first home! We looked for many months and had one fall through the cracks, but in the end we wound up in the house that was meant for us. It fits us well, and we couldn't be happier.

When you look at all the good that happened, how can you really dwell on the bad? 2008 will be filled with lots of excitement, change and opportunities. Can't wait to have you all be a part of it with me!

Happy New Year~

No comments: