December 13, 2007

2nd Storm of the season

We are expecting our second snow storm of the winter today....8-12 inches beginning at noon and another 1-3 inches during the night. if it follows suit with the old wives tale then we can expect to have 22 snow storms this season. The tale is told that whatever the date is that the first snow fall occurs (this came on the 22nd), we will have that many storms...we'll see

I'll be sending my staff home early and will plan to leave work today around 11:30 in order to make it home before the roads are filled with traffic, snow and plows. One of the perks of being a manager is that I can make that "authoritative" decision to send them home. I am sure i will have to deal with the repercussions from my direct management, but oh well. My teams safety is MUCH more important that testing out computer systems.

I'll post more later with pics of my first snow in my first house!

No comments: