My trek home from work today took me over 3 hours. I knew it would take me a long time, seeing as though we were heading into the first snow of the season, and well, people tend to "forget" how to drive in the snow. It always takes a couple of storms for people to become re-acquainted with the snow driving methods.
This is the time of the year that I listen to A LOT of books on CD. I take them out of the Library, download them to my Itunes/Ipod and listen to them during my long drives. There are also days that i just drive in silence. No music, no phone, no talking, just plain silence. It is really a great meditation for me. Generally it is the only time that I have for just me, with just me.
Now that I am home, there is a tea kettle on the stove, warm soup about to go into my belly, and a big comfy chair and ottoman with my name all over them.
Stay in, stay warm. Snuggle with your kids, your cat, your loved one, or with a good blanket.
No comments:
Post a Comment