October 28, 2012

Listen here San.dy

I really have zero desire to deal with the BS that is hurricane San.dy.  It is expected to make landfall here in CT sometime between Monday morning and Tuesday night(?)!  The weather people have no clue.  therefore I have no clue.  Towns are already cancelling school and halloween. 

Yesterday I was in town for a hair appointment, and as I drove by the grocery store at 8:30 the parking lot was already packed full. FB was blowing up with people posting that stores were out of water, bread and batteries. Gas stations out of gas.  While I needed everything (I normally grocery shop on Sundays) I decided to wait.....I am so glad I did!  I hit the store at 10:30 last night to find almost fully stocked shelves and a gas station with a new delivery of gas.

The only thing left on my list to buy today....beer and wine!

Northeast folks-stay safe!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, I had to do my regular grocery shopping on Friday and the store (which is normally nice and quiet on a Friday morning/afternoon) was freakin' insane! Water aisles picked clean. Today I'm going to buy wine! ;-)

JEN said...

Thinking of you all!

Carrie27 said...

Don't forget the booze...you will need it for sanity purposes. Stay safe!