August 31, 2012
Friday Night Leftovers.....the long weekend edition
*The plus to working in the corporate world is the long weekends.
*I am only working 2 days next week and then I am off for 11 days.
*4 or 5 of those days off I will be playing single Mommy.
*I am slightly freaked out by this. Not because I think I can't handle it, but because it means I will get NO breaks.
*I have an end of summer cold.
* K was sick Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It started with blue puke (we had ice cream cake with blue icing that night) all over her bed and shag carpet and proceeded into a raging fever for the next 36 hrs or so. Today she has no fever but still isn't quite right.
*I hate doing laundry, yet enjoy sitting in bed at night folding it.
*I had to pay ~$900 for our car taxes today. T has to go get a temporary registration to bring the camper my Mom is giving us and he wouldn't have been able to get it with us having taxes owed. They were only due a month ago, not like owed for years, but it sucked that I had to take even more money from our tiny savings.
*I had my mid year performance review. It didn't suck, but it wasn't stellar either, and well if there is one thing I know over the past year or two it is that you need to be stellar or you are GONE.
*It is fair season. I wish they didn't cost so much.
*I think I am going to stockpile some wood this weekend and start enjoying me some bonfires again.
*I am pretty sure S weighs close to 16lbs. I will jump on my MIL's scale this weekend with and without him to see. Keep in mind he is not even 4 months old yet.
*I looked in K's baby books and at 4 months old she was 8oz heavier than he was at his 2 month!! Seriously, we may have a line backer.
*Did you all see Clint Eastwood? What a train wreck that was huh? I mean for those of us that are not republican it was pretty comical, but for you republicans it was a total let down of a guest speaker.
*I am not looking forward to the next couple months. People become mean and angry around election time.
*T made a really funny comment today..."Many people worry about their kids growing up and being gay/drug addicts/criminals. Not me, I worry about my kids growing up and being republican". Funny to us since we are pretty liberal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope you and K are feeling better!
He sounds like he is healthy! C is heavier than E was at the same age :)
(I'm ignoring the Republican comment :D)
I LOVE fair season! BUt you're right...TOO expensive!
HOpe you and K are both on the mend now!
I have a great idea. A laundry exchange! Folding is the part I hate but I don't mind tossing it all in the wash. I'll wash your laundry if you fold mine! :)
Post a Comment