You don't have to agree with me.....
I am so tired of the political finger pointing for this giant hole in the earth...Republicans blame Obama, Democrats blame Bush, when in all reality WE ALL are to blame for this. WE are the greedy ones that "need" the oil to survive. I am as equally guilty as every single one of you reading this are. We all drive cars, ride in cars, fly in planes, eat food that was transfered by trucks, wear clothes that were manufactured inplants that needed to be heated.....get the picture? Before you blame others for what WE have done to mother earth, take some accountability.
3 comments:
hear hear!
this whole thing pisses me off so much, i actually limit the news coverage i watch of it bc i end up just fuming. its so freaking depressing & infuriating.
re: private blogs-- a private blog should still appear in your reader as long as you're subscribed... i follow a few that are private & they'restill in my reader. i'll double check tho, since i'd hate to lose track of you... you & baby k are some of my fav on-line buddies!
I don't blame Obama, I blame 'us' and it's one of those 'crap happens' things. We do have a dependency on oil, and my thought is there are better ways to get it, where possible 'blow outs' can be better controlled. A drill 1 mile underwater is really a stupid idea when we have so much land area we could drill on, and have a MUCH less direct impact in cases such as this.
MY issue, politically, is while Bush was in office, he couldn't react fast enough for most people, including myself.I am not seeing any of that (public outcry) where Obama in concerned, and I am not seeing a decent reaction from him (as far as support in helping to get it fixed), and all I am hearing from him is "Blame BP" Yes, fine, blame them, but let's get this mess fixed before we worry about who to blame.
That's all it is for me. I guess it's just the political double standard that bugs me here, and the fact we have a problem, it shouldn't be political, ad finger should start pointing AFTER the problem is fixed.
We are dependent on oil, and I just don't think we will ever NOT be. So it is what it is.
Post a Comment