April 4, 2010

I might actually be good at this!

Baby K was up in her room for a good hour tonight, singing in her crib, laughing, being a silly goose, before falling asleep. We could hear her and had a good laugh listening.

Per our normal routine I gave it about an hour or so after she was asleep and went up to cover her up and kiss her head. When I opened the door I could smell it....Poop. It all made sense. It took her so long to fall asleep because the poor baby had poop in her pants!

Now, faced with the dilemma of do I change the sleeping baby's poopy diaper or do I let her sleep the next 10-11 hours in it......I had to change it. I mean come on can you imagine sleeping in your own poop for 12+ hours?

I took her out of her crib, took off her PJ bottoms, cleaned her tushy, and placed a fresh dry diaper on her, re-dressed her and back into her crib with her never even flinching!

I am good....

3 comments:

Mollie said...

that is absolutely incredible!! every night i check in before i go to bed, take a pic on my phone to send to my sister (his godmother). i don't know how that started, but pretty much every single night it wakes him up but i can't stop doing it!!
you have, quite possibly, the best sleeper EVER. what are your secrets?!

iiri said...

That is good!

I probably would have made the same 'change him' decision, and suffered for it...(he's a horrible sleeper as it is, wake him up and he's up)

Anonymous said...

Im the same way I always have to make sure that Caitlyn is in a clean diaper if she's going down for the night. Im amazed that you did all that and she didnt wake up she must have been zonked out. You are Good!