...Today I begin my 20lb weight loss program.
My goals are rather simple and will require me to make some minor lifestyle changes. All stuff I've done before and been successful at, but now I need to get back to it.
I had previously joined the local gym, but that was not a success. I was working really late hours and racing home to be with baby K. My new job does not "currently" demand 12 hour days so I need to take full advantage of that...I plan to go and enroll in a 3 month contract. My niece has been going a few days a week at night when she gets home from work (she''s lost like 25lbs! - I am SO proud of her) so I am going to ask if Auntie can tag a long one or two nights and I will go on Sunday since T is home. My personal commitment is going to be at least 3 days a week for an hour (minimum). Hold me to it ladies!
I am also returning to Weight Watchers tonight. I have not been since 2006. Over the years I have returned to the methodology of WW but never to the weigh in's or meetings. I actually hate the meetings, and will likely quit going to them after a couple weeks (but will still go to the weigh in). I normally don't feel like I need the cheering squad, however right now I do. When I went in 2005-2006 I lost 35lbs! I am inching my way back there so I need to put a stop to it ASAP.
I generally eat and cook really healthy so that won't change. I need to pay attention to my portions again. I have begun to stray from the appropriate 2TBS of cream cheese and 1 cup of cereal....like I said all easy things to change. And it becomes easier when you have the commitment to do it.
Weight loss is not the only changes I am making. I am also stopping the meds. This week I have been alternating days that I take the happy pills and next week I will stop them all together. I feel like things are in a better phase for me and I am ready to stop taking them...at least try to stop taking them. I have my script with refills, so if it does not work out I will go back on them.
For all the crap that seemed to go on at the end of 2009, it was a great year really. Baby K joined our family. My Mom visited a few times. I got to see lots of people from my childhood and teen years that I loved. I am very much looking forward to what 2010 has in store for us. I don't see how any year can ever be bad again...watching this baby turn into a little girl will always bring pleasure....
Happy New Year all~
3 comments:
I am with you on the weight loss. WW has always worked for me - I just get lazy with it and forget my portion sizes.
I have 30 pounds to lose so we need to support each other!!
I hope you had a good holiday!
so glad you're feeling better & more like yourself again :)
i really wish i could join in on the weight loss... i never did lose everything i gained with the dudes, but alas, it will have to wait til #3 is here & life is "normal" again. but i'll be happy to cheer YOU on! :)
happy new year!
Those sound like awesome goals!! I'm still doing WW too :) i like the meetings though. and the weigh ins.
Post a Comment