November 14, 2014

Scarf. Check, Hat. Check, Coat. Check



 It's getting cold. Too effing cold.

We had our first "snow" last night. Just a dusting, but really it's a major F you to those of us that despise the cold. Both kids woke up today and immediately put on snow boots and coats and went outside to eat snow. I sat on my ass and drank my hot coffee watching them through the glass door. I had to drag S in kicking and screaming after about 30 minutes. He refuses to wear a hat or gloves, and let's be honest, he's #2 and I don't have the energy to fight him. K on the other hand, she loves her hat and gloves and coat and warmth. So I can consider myself successful with 1 right?

Something I've never understood is the whole waiting until a certain date to turn on the heat. I live in New England. It gets cold here. Sometimes it gets cold here in September. Then not again until November. When I am cold I turn on the heat. Period. I will not force myself or my kids to suffer.

Today was also a 'skip' day. I took the day off and kept K home from school. We headed to the mall to see Santa. The waits have been ridiculous, I'm talking 4-5 hrs! First of all, who the eff waits that long to see Santa? I really should have chosen a Tuesday or Wednesday for a skip day, because our wait was almost 2 freaking hours. I'll blame it being a Friday as the prime reason. (A friend went yesterday and they waited 20 minutes) By the time I had already wasted 35 minutes in line I had to commit. Nearly 1.5hrs later we saw the fat man in red. Now K knows that is NOT the "real" Santa, but rather a helper. She also knows not to blow it for other kids. 

She asked for Anna and Elsa dolls (score already got them!)  and a pretend cupcake set. WTF?? Research is underway. S asked for (technically K asked for him because he flipped the Eff out upon seeing Santa) a cement mixer and firehouse. 

We are officially in Christmas countdown mode.

Let me leave you with my $22 gem.


No comments: