September 29, 2012

Change is on the way

I got a new job!  Yup that's right!  Woot Hoot! 

It is no secret how unhappy I have been in my job for, well forever.  We re-orged last year and I got a new boss that takes zero interest in what I am doing.  The team I am on is very clique' and I do not fit in.  I am the only one on my whole team that has not been promoted since forming.  The writing was on the wall that if (when) we had another layoff I would be next.  So out my feelers went.

I meet with a leader in our company bi-weekly as part of a mentorship.  She mentors me in leadership behaviors, situational things, and reviews presentations and what not for me, providing feedback and guidance.  During these sessions we have discussed my unhappiness, my desire for something new.

Two weeks ago during our session she closed out with a job offer to come work for her, well not directly for her, but on her team.  Basically a Process Analyst.  Establishing and driving process improvements for work intake, prioritization and release.  Best part.....NO DIRECT REPORTS!!!!!  I have been desperate to find more of an individual contributor role.  I need a break from management.  Oh wait, that is one of two best parts....it is also in the Home office which is 22 miles away (vs. my current 60 mile one way commute!).  I will most likely lose my ability to work from home twice a week initially, but think I'll be able to get it back once I am up to speed.

The transition plan has not been worked out yet, but she wants me to start ASAP.  I am very nervous, but really excited to try something new. 

(for those of you that I know IRL - Shhh this is not public knowledge yet)

4 comments:

Melis.sa said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats on the new job, girlie!

JEN said...

good luck. Sounds wonderful! I would love to find something different; I need a change. I'm worried about the stress of a new job while all this other stress is going on.

A shorter commute will make such a different in your life!

Danifred said...

Such wonderful news! I hope all is going well. And the new commute? AWESOME.