July 13, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers....this has been one hell of a week edition

-This was my first week back to work. Let me share with you how I eased myself back in....
Day 1 - Log on to find 2500 emails in my inbox (this is substantially lower than I expected) and multiple meetings scheduled for my day. 1st meeting of the day is to advise me of the layoffs that will take place on day 2.
Day 2 - start my day off sneaking out of the house so K doesn't have a complete melt down and begin my work day in a conference room letting one of my employees go.
Day 3 - normal corporate BS along with much sadness still over day 2's activities.
Day 4 - Enjoy my breakfast before getting interupted by one of my employees having some sort of seizure/attack at her desk. Spend the net 2 hours transporting her to her family and hospital. Day 5 - worked from home and finished weeding through the remaining 200 emails that needed reading.


-The thing is, we laid off 60% of our staff last July and the folks that remained were labeled "The Cream of the Crop". While this layoff was only 10 people, they were very valuable, very intelligent, very good working people. No doubt they will all find better jobs.


-My allergies are OUT OF CONTROL. I am taking 2 Benadryl a night, a zyrtec in the morning, and tonight I have added benadryl topical cream to my ears.


-S has had a fairly good stretch of days, which means we are in for a doozy soon.


-I am going to a chiro now. 3 days a week for 9 weeks. I think I am on week 4. While my back and neck ARE felling really good, I can't wait to be done. It is so time consuming.


-2 weeks ago the blogging and infertility communities lost one of their own. On July 2 Nancy from The New Life of Nancy passed away at the age of 39. I found out about it on July 4. To say it has affected me is sugar coating it. While I never met her in person I emailed with her, we exchanged Christmas cards, birth announcements, gifts for our kids, so there was a connection. All I can think about is her children. Her obit said she died at home. Did her kids see her? We're they with her? Her poor little boy Karl is only 4. He is just forming lifelong memories and now his mommy is gone. I can't imagine how different K and S's lives would be if I were gone tomorrow.


-Onto happier topics...we are expecting a new cousin any second! T's cousin and his wife have been in labor for over 24hrs now! Any second baby Henry will be born. That will make 3 boy cousins within 7 mos of each other! K remains the princess.


That's all for this week, I am B.E.A.T. Swing over to Sippy Cups to read all about their exciting week of vacation! Such daredevils they are!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Nancy's death has really effected me too. The day before I heard of her passing, I found one of the notes she had written me. I remember thinking that I hoped she was doing well. Then I heard.

Sounds like your first week back to work was a real trip. I am glad it's over for you.

Melis.sa said...

I know! I don't even know how to bring that up to my dh, so there's this woman I knew, well I read her blog, and now she's gone and she has 3 kids!! I cannot imagine how tough it's been for her kids.

Man alive, it sounds like work was stressful to say the least!

the cubicle's backporch said...

Gah. I can't imagine letting someone go. Since I was the one being let go 5 years ago (or whatever it was), I can't imagine having to do it to someone!

Also, I'm sorry to hear about Nancy. I never read her blog but I know how easy it is to get attached to our virtual friends (and it sounds like she was an IRL friend for you too!)